Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Intern Spotlight - Ashley White



Where are you from?
Holderness, New Hampshire

Where do you go to school/what is your major?
St. Lawrence University - Government/Pre-Law Major and Philosophy is my minor.

Why are you a Republican?
I support low taxes and and the emphasis of the individual (as opposed to society/group think). I support limited government especially in economic matters; however, some government intervention is necessary to protect the safety and security of the nation. I believe the most effective form of government is the one closest to the people. s

Who is your favorite Republican?
Mitt Romney

Why did you choose to intern with the Mass GOP?
I wanted to gain experience in the field before heading to Washington D.C. in the fall. I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to work in politics and to learn about campaigns and party building.