Friday, June 5, 2009

They Said It!

Governor Deval Patrick Dodges 'Fair Questions'

In an interview on WTKK-FM 96.9 with hosts Jim Braude and Margery Eagan, Governor Deval Patrick refused to answer questions on what he knew about the House-for-sale scandal and when he knew it. Here is an excerpt from that interview.


Jim Braude: When was the first time you had any idea that DiMasi wanted Cognos? Did you ever speak to DiMasi about Cognos, and did you have any part in the final approval of Cognos getting this contract?

Governor Patrick: Those are all fair questions that I am not going to get into now because again, because I've, I've, we've been through all this with the FBI, and I fully expect, or at least I guess it's possible, that if this thing goes on, we may have to participate further, me and others on the uh on the team. I will tell you that the stuff that's in the indictment, my gosh, I certainly didn't know about that.

Braude: ... Did he at any point have a conversation with you, he - DiMasi - about his interest in Cognos getting the contract?

Patrick: Not so much Cognos, but I certainly knew he was interested in this software.

Braude: From him?

Patrick: Yeah.